Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) at the University of Central Oklahoma College of Business provides free income tax preparation and e-filing for students, staff and the public. The UCO VITA site is staffed by accounting students who have passed at least three tests to qualify them to prepare income tax returns. The students are supervised by UCO accounting faculty, who check each return for correctness.
VITA is located in the College of Business, Room 107. The dates for 2018 are:
- Tuesdays starting Feb. 6
- Thursdays starting Feb. 1
- Saturdays starting Feb. 3
- Last day: Tuesday, April 10
- Closed March 17-24 for spring break
UCO VITA will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-4:30 p.m. and Saturdays 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Practicum FAQ Apply for the practicum
Contact Dr. Sheets (405) 974-2834 / email@example.com
Taxpayers should bring:
- Photo ID for both spouses
- Birth dates for taxpayer, spouse, and dependents
- Passport & visa (for international students)
- Social Security card for yourself and for each of your dependents (or last year’s tax return)
- W-2 form(s) from each 2017 employer. If you had two employers, you will have two W-2 forms (you should receive these by Feb. 15).
- 1042-S form(s) from UCO and certain other 2017 employers (for international students). You should receive these by March 15.
- 1099 form(s) from banks, brokerages, contract work, and other income sources. You should receive these by Jan. 31 or Feb. 15.
- Receipts and other documentation to support education expenses (including books), day care costs, and other deductible costs
- A personal check (for checking account and routing number), if you want your refund directly deposited
- If you have a Marketplace granted health coverage exemption, bring your exemption certificate number
- If you purchased a qualified health plan from the Marketplace, bring your Form 1095-A. If your employer offers health insurance, bring Form 1095-B (if you have it) and Form 1095-C
- Your 2016 tax return (optional)
All services are first come, first serve, and less busy before spring break. As we are a free public service, we give priority to help those most in need.
Individuals who meet the below program requirements can file their federal tax return and up to three state returns free of charge through www.myfreetaxes.com.
- Adjusted gross income (AGI) of $64,000 or less in 2017
- No age limit
- Not available for prior year returns
- Not available for foreign students